For more information, call (804) 828-1347 or email email@example.com.
Equity and Access Services coordinates equal employment opportunity and affirmative action compliance for Virginia Commonwealth University. We help address employment disparities and create an environment of trust for VCU employees.
Our role includes creating an annual affirmative action plan, monitoring VCU’s affirmative action and equal employment opportunity compliance, and training employees about employment equity rights and responsibilities.
As an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer, VCU promotes the full realization of employment opportunity for minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans. VCU bases all employment decisions only on job requirements. These efforts apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, promotion, and compensation.
The current affirmative action plan is available for review at Equity and Access Services during office hours.
Beginning in January 2016, federal regulations regarding pay transparency go into effect. In accordance with this regulations, VCU prohibits discharging or discriminating against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their own compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to compensation information as a part of their essential job duties should not discuss this information with individuals who would otherwise not have access to this information.
Employees and job applicants can read more about pay transparency in the Pay transparency overview. Employees with HR or compensation responsibilities can view the Pay transparency responsibilities powerpoint.
Employees and job applicants can report related concerns through the Equal opportunity incident reporting form.
Required employment notices
As a federal contractor, VCU is required to provide the following materials and notices:
- "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" posters, which must be posted in places accessible to employees. Multiple languages and formats are available.
- "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster supplement, which is a new poster that must be posted starting January 2016.
- Pay transparency policy statement, a new federal policy notice that must be posted starting January 2016
- Affirmation of VCU’s Equal Opportunity - Interim Policy, which outlines VCU’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunity in employment and education.
- Notice of nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action, which details VCU's commitment to education and employment equity.