ADA and Accessibility Services at VCU
VCU follows federal and state laws and regulations regarding access for people with disabilities. These include the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), ADA Standards for Accessible Design, and Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. The Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodation for Individuals with Disabilities Policy applies to the entire university community and third parties.
We collaborate with Student Accessibility and Educational Opportunity and the Division for Academic Success. These partner offices provide ADA accommodations for students on the Monroe Park Campus and the VCU Health Campus, respectively.
Our services include:
- Consulting with employees and their managers about the accommodations process.
- Providing ADA accommodations.
- Coordinating with VCU departments to provide access to university programs, activities, services, and facilities.
- Coordinating with Web Services on accessibility of VCU webpages.
- Providing education and training on ADA-related topics.
- Reviewing grievance policies and procedures related to access and ADA.
If you have any questions or you need assistance with information on this site, please send an email to email@example.com or call (804) 828-1347.